Questions to ask before hiring a financial advisor:
Asking targeted questions during a consultation can help you identify a financial advisor who has your best interests in mind.
- What services do you offer?
- How will you consider investments such as real estate or rental properties?
- What are your credentials? What was required to obtain each credential? How do you keep your credentials current?
- Are you a fiduciary?
- How are you compensated? Are you fee based or commission based?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- What asset allocation do you use?
- Are you tax-sensitive?
- Where will my accounts be held?
- How do you ensure that you are compliant to federal law?
- Tell me about your staff members?
- How often will I be meeting with you?
- Is video conferencing an option?
- How will you communicate with me?
- What percentage of your accounts are high-net-worth investors?
- How will you keep me from being my own worst enemy?
- Can I have a sample of a performance report that you would give to a client?